Based on Dr. Brewer’s New York Times best-selling book Unwinding Anxiety, this deck features 60 research-based practices to help you identify and overcome unhelpful anxiety responses, or habits, that prevent you from living life to the fullest.
Grounded in the science of mindfulness, each exercise harnesses your brain’s innate power to create new responses to anxiety triggers, so you can:
- Form new habits that interrupt your anxious cycles
- Focus on what works instead of trying to control your anxiety
- Explore the misleading “payoff” of anxious habits
- Step out of worry and rumination and into healthy, fulfilling experiences
- Create bigger, better habits that build kindness, curiosity, and gratitude
About the Authors:
Jud Brewer, MD, PhD, is an associate professor and the Director of Research and Innovation at the Mindfulness Center at Brown University. He has developed clinically proven app-based mindfulness trainings for smoking, overeating, and anxiety. He is the New York Times best-selling author of Unwinding Anxiety and The Craving Mind.
Mitch Abblett, PhD, is a clinical psychologist, author, consultant, and national/international speaker. He has published various books and card decks on topics such as mindfulness, self-compassion, and resilience, including Prizeworthy: How to Meaningfully Connect, Build Character, and Unlock the Potential of Every Child.