At home and at work, science has shown that developing certain simple strengths can significantly improve your mood, relationships, resiliency and quality of life. Why not give it a try?
Here are 56 cards that offer simple and easy-to-do daily practices. Integrate them into your life and you can have powerful results and uncover sustainable happiness. Plus -- six bonus mindful living meditations to help you relax, focus, grow joy and boost your brain power!
How to Use the Mindful Living Card Deck
The Mindful Living Card Deck is about building the habits of sustainable happiness. With each card, you’ll learn new ways to focus your attention, cultivate gratitude, forge community, and find deep and lasting contentment. The cards teach the six key skills for sustainable happiness, and are color-coded for ease of use: Be Calm, Be Here Now, Be Good to Yourself, Be Happy, Be Kind, Be Balanced.
There are dozens of ways to use the cards.
- You can practice alone or share them with others.
- Draw a card in the morning and use as inspiration for the day.
- Therapists can have clients select a card at the end of session.
- In any moment, ask yourself what you need (calm, presence, kindness, etc.), pick a card from a category, and bring what you need into your life.
- Make it a six week program - commit to going through each strength one week at a time.
- You can also find the cards that are most powerful to you, and commit to a weekly or monthly practice.
Above all – make it playful, have fun, and enjoy the journey.
About the Author
Elisha Goldstein, PhD, is a psychologist, co-founder of The Center for Mindful Living in West Los Angeles with his wife, Stefanie Goldstein, PhD., an international mindfulness educator, and author of five books, including Uncovering Happiness, The Now Effect, and co-authored A Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Workbook.