Mindful Reminders Card Deck is for anyone who is interested in living their lives more fully, and reducing stress and distractions. These cards provide a variety of simple, brief and yet powerful practices to build your skills of awareness, compassion and presence for what matters in your daily life.
These 50 simple, yet powerful practices will help you build skills of awareness, compassion, and presence for what matters in your daily life. Whether you are new to mindfulness practice, or whether you've been meditating for years, this deck offers fun, accessible reminders for bringing more mindfulness into your life. Mindfulness is a core skill for truly living your life, instead of being lived by it. Science has suggested a number of benefits of mindfulness, including:
- Reducing anxiety and depression
- Helping with sleep
- Boosting attention and focus
- Improving communication
- Handling compulsive urges
- Managing physical pain
- Chronic illness and more.
How to Use this Deck
The idea is simple. On your own or with a partner, you can pick a card to practice for the day or the week.
- A therapist can have clients pick a card at the end of the session.
- A yoga instructor can hand cards out to students to practice alone or as a group.
- You can also design your own personal growth program by committing to a daily practice of a card’s suggestion for a week, a month, or longer, or by sorting out the cards that are most powerful for you.
However you use it, just the willingness to engage the deck will lead to greater mindfulness in your life!
About the Authors:
Mitch R. Abblett, PhD, is a clinical psychologist and clinical director of the Manville School, a therapeutic day school program in Boston, MA, serving children and adolescents with emotional, behavioral and learning difficulties.