Maintaining a relationship is hard enough without the added challenges of your partner’s bipolar disorder symptoms. Loving Someone with Bipolar Disorder offers information and step-by-step advice for helping your partner manage mood swings and impulsive actions, allowing you to finally focus on enjoying your relationship while also taking time for yourself. This book explains the symptoms of your partner’s disorder and offers strategies for preventing them and responding to these symptoms when they do occur.
This updated edition includes a new section about the medications your partner may be taking so that you can understand the side effects and help monitor his or her bipolar treatment. As a supportive partner, you deserve support yourself. This book will help you create a more balanced, fulfilling relationship.
Improve your relationship by learning how to:
• Identify your partner’s symptom triggers so you can prevent episodes
• Improve communication by stopping irrational “bipolar conversations”
• Handle your partner’s emotional ups and downs
• Foster closeness and connection with your partner
Written by Julie A. Fast and John D. Preston, PsyD
Series: The New Harbinger Loving Someone Series
- Paperback: 238 pages
- Publisher: New Harbinger Publications; Second edition (January 2, 2012)