The Letting Go of Anger card deck will give teens easy-to-use tools to manage anger and other upsetting feelings. Mental health professionals and school counselors will find these cards valuable to offer teens as a resource to help when life's emotions get overwhelming.
Appropriate for ages 12-17.
- Breathe in while forming a slight smile with your lips. As you breathe out, send your smile out as positive energy to the world around you. Feel the joy of sending happiness to others.
- Think about a positive quality in someone who irritates you. Consider how this activity helps you avoid all-or-nothing thinking.
- Say out loud five things that went well today. Notice how you feel more positive and less angry when you dwell on the positive experiences in your life.
- Simple skills to successfully manage anger
- Tools to calm in emotionally tense moments
- Strategies to overcome anxiety
- Using anger in a healthy way
- Steps to create positive changes
Created by: JEFFREY BERNSTEIN